Wednesday 26 June 2013

'Til the Bitter End

I'm not sure I have any thoughts I could usefully add regarding the whole Edward Snowden situation, apart from noting that a few people would now have every right to say "I told you so."

So I'm just going to link to this article, because it would seem to mark the exact moment it tipped over from tragedy into farce. Though I suspect it'll tip back again all too soon. Please read all the way to the end. If you can't manage that, just the last couple of paragraphs will do.

Look, just read the final sentence, will you? Then maybe find a quiet corner for a nice little weep.


For extra credit, here's some reading on crustaceans.


This has nothing to do with any of the above, but I feel it may be of interest and deserves as wide an audience as possible -

6 comments:

  1. "The dictatorship tries to function without resorting to force so we must try to oblige it to do so, thereby unmasking its true nature as the dictatorship of the reactionary social classes."

    Che Guevara understood the beast very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should have put that on the poster...

      Delete
  2. Pot...Calling Kettle Black.

    I have watched hours and hours of white house briefings and this has been a hobby for years going back to when I first started watching Farrakhan. Carney....he is up to his arms in shit and he was a reporter before. You should sit through some on Youtube and watch him utter the talking point of the day until you wanna puke.
    None of this is remotely surprising besides the American people are surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pot and Kettle is referring to America saying anything about human rights to Russia or China...the bird has flown...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'The bird has flown' could refer to a number of things as well.

      I'm very wary of cynicism as the default position. I'm wary of all default positions because thinking stuff just because lots of other people do is a dangerous game. But on this, on the 'they're all the same, they're all as dirty as each other' contempt for the political classes, I can't help but feel the default position is correct.

      Delete
  4. 'Kerckhoff's Principle' and 'Snowden'. For some reason, this is not really a surprise. Maybe an embarrassment (sort of) to those who are assigned to catch him. I wonder if it really matters.

    ReplyDelete